Sunday, May 31, 2009
1. I am a space nerd. I went to US Space Camp when I was 16 (I won a scholarship!) I also met some awesome people there that I still keep in contact with.
2. Due to aforementioned space nerdiness, one of the highlights of my entire life was meeting and getting my picture taken with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, the first two men to walk on the moon.
3. I still owe Jessica Abbey 1/2 a bag of Tart 'N Tinies from high school. Or was it middle school?
4. I read the entire Twilight series twice last semester, and I'm seriously considering restarting them because I love them so much and I need my Edward Cullen fix.
5. Carrots make my mouth itch.
6. Everything bad thats happened to me or my family has happened in an odd-numbered year. Therefore, I am terrified of 2009.
7. When we were little, Molly puked all over my VTech play computer on the way home from a ski trip. I've never forgotten it. That's also the trip when we began belting Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now." We still do that.
8. I got to go to Hanson's house in Tulsa in the 2nd grade. Isaac and Taylor came out and played with me, Molly, Leigh and Griffin on their tree house. Zac was sick, but it was ok because Taylor was my "boyfriend".
9. For a while, Molly and I thought that we were going to start a music group. We wrote a song called "Never Again". Kelly Clarkson totally stole our idea. It even has the same tune.
10. I don't have to make my bed every morning, but if I do, I HATE it when people sit on, jump on, or otherwise rumple the covers. It drives me absolutely crazy, therefore people aren't allowed on my bed once its made.
11. The sound nail files make makes me want to cut my ears off. I won't let anyone file their nails within about 100 yards of me. I can still hear it no matter how quiet you say it is.
12. With my upcoming wrist surgery, my surgery count will be at 7. I'll have almost caught up with Molly, who's at 9.
13. I can quote every single episode of Friends.
14. When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be Shamu's trainer. I still love that whale.
15. Molly and I used to think that the sunlight on the bottom of our pool was diamonds. We would pretend we were mermaids and dive down to collect them.
16. In my head, I categorize all my groups of friends. My PT friends are my "grown-up" friends, because I'm the youngest and they are doing things like getting married and buying their own health insurance.
17. I have an unhealthy obsession with The Beatles. My life goal is to meet one of them. (And funny sidenote- I actually dreamed that I made cupcakes with Paul McCartney last night.)
18. I'm terrified of actually graduating and getting a job as a physical therapist. I spend a lot of time in class wondering when I'll actually feel competent in what I'm supposed to know.
19. I'm a member of a secret society made up of Outback Ex-Togo Girls. We don't accept new members and we're probably cooler than you. We still get together and have slumber parties every Christmas.
20. I still dream about picking up my life and moving to Chicago. I'm completely in love with that town.
21. Until I was about 8, I hated taking baths. I would go into the bathroom, run the water, but not get in. My mom finally caught on and started feeling my skin to see if it had been wet/washed. I realize this is gross. Thankfully, I'm a big fan of hygeine now.
22. In the 8th grade, my friend Michelle convinced me that you had to lick the little sheets of white out to get it to work. I licked it and was really confused about why it wasn't working.
23. At every major holiday, my family has crazy Skip-Bo tournaments. I won at Christmas. Mike Beckham still has not won.
24. When I'm writing and concentrating really hard, I always lick my lips. I don't know why and I cannot help it!
25. My boyfriend is the love of my life. I didn't really believe in soulmates until we got together.
Now it's your turn!! And if you read all these, YOU WIN!!! CONGRATS!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
I officially miss my cute little apartment that I lived in for 2 years by myself.
I officially live in OKC with my 80 year old grandma.
I officially live in an 8ft x 8 ft room.
I officially feel unhappy and miserable.
I officially want to go back to Norman.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
The last 2 weeks were some of the busiest of my life...from 4 finals, my birthday, vacation...I haven't even had the time to breathe!
Speaking of finals....I thought I'd give you an update to my last post entitled "Dear Neuroscience".
- I most definitely did NOT kick Neuroscience in the cajones. In fact, the Neuro Final kicked me pretty swiftly in the cajones. I don't even have cajones.
- I actually felt pretty good going into the test AND after the test...too bad my grade doesn't reflect that confidence!
- But!! I PASSED THE CLASS!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!!! That means NO MORE NEURO EVER! AND HELL SEMESTER IS OVER!!! AND I PULLED OVER A 3.0 FOR THE SEMESTER!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Anyways, enough about neuro and cajones. After finals my friends had a celebratory slumber party where my amazing friend Chelsea suprised me with a spectacularly fabulous Strawberry Shortcake Cake that she made from scratch for my birthday!!!! I wish I had pictures from the slumber party to share, but others do and I'm WAITING for them to be posted on Facebook!
Then I came home and celebrated my actual birthday with Trace (who took me shopping and let me pick out an amazing new "dressy watch" with a diamond in it!) and my family (we made tacos and margaritas). My mom didn't have time to make me a cake so she just stuck candles in the leftovers of Chelsea's cake and we ate all that! Yum!
At 6am the next morning, my family and I set out for Sunny Florida... where it was actually cloudy and quite chilly (not to mention the hurricane force winds) for the majority of our trip. There was one day that I actually sat on the beach in sweatpants, a heavy jacket, wrapped in a blanket, with the hood up! And was still cold! The good part is that our beach house offerd 2 balconies that overlooked the ocean completely (good for reading when the weather isn't cooperating!) and all we had to do when the weather cleared was run down the stairs to the sand! It was amazing and relaxing and EXACTLY what I needed to recover from this ridiculous semester!!
Now it's 3 more days of vacation in Tulsa with Trace before summer school starts on Tuesday!! BOO!!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
For the last 16 weeks, I have endured endless abuse from you. You have stolen my confidence in my own intelligence, my free time, and at times my will to live. You are nothing more than a big fat pain in my ass. No matter how hard I tried, I just could not conquer you. You are a stupid, stubborn bastard who lives to make others feel bad about themselves.
Now the time has come for our last meeting. In your typical fashion, you are trying to demean me and make me feel insignificant and stupid. But I simply will not allow it. You are the only thing that stands between me and fun with my friends, my boyfriend, my family, my birthday, and the beach. For that I hate and resent you.
But I have a new resolve and will not be beaten by you. I am ready to show you who's in charge here...ME. A soon-to-be third year PT student. Be ready, Neuro, because tomorrow morning at 10am, I am coming to kick you square in the
*Cajones (cuh-hone-ez) noun; Spanish for "testicles".
PS- While you are seemingly proficient in all things related to the brain and nervous system, I seriously doubt that you are bilingual.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
1. Lay on the beach and get a kick ass tan (well, as "kick ass" of a tan as my fair complexion lets me get!!)
2. Read chick novels with absolutely no substance, but lots of drama while laying on said beach.
3. Go to the movies and see "Angels and Demons" (Tom Hanks' new one!) and "Night At The Museum 2".
4. Have a totally awesome 22nd birthday--filled with friends and margaritas!
5. Go to bed late and sleep in late! And not feel bad about it!!
6. Not think about Neuro EVER EVER AGAIN!
7. Spend as much time with Trace as I want until he has to leave me again!
13. Lay out.
Well, needless to say, I completely ran out of things that I want to do after #7! That's how I'm going to spend my break! Doing nothing but laying around and sleeping! Whoo!!! I've got 2 finals down (the easy ones) and 2 left to go (the bitch ones). Almost there!!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
I am NOT currently sitting at the Honda dealership waiting for them to complete $600+ worth of repairs to LaFawnda because she decided to blitz out on me today. During finals week, of all weeks. I am certainly NOT cursing my car and the poor timing.
I am NOT still worried about passing my Neuro class...even though I did find out that I don't actually have to pass the final to pass the class. That makes me worry a little bit less.
I did NOT realize this week while I was packing up my apartment that I purchased 7 textbooks for classes this semester and I only ever opened 4 of the them. Whoops.
I am NOT wishing that I could blow off finals entirely and head straight on to Thursday (PT slumber party!), Friday (my 22nd birthday!), and Sat (sunny Florida!). Nope, I am a fully dedicated and focused student!
I am NOT procrastinating studying for my final tomorrow morning by updating this blog! (See above about what kind of student I am!!)
Saturday, May 9, 2009
So instead of sitting around and watching TV and playing on the computer (aka- wasting time, which coincidentally, I am VERY good at), I decided to get a jump start on packing up my apartment. My planned move out date is May 28th (that's the day Trace and my parents are coming to move all my furniture out), and before then, I have 5 days of finals, and then I'll be in Florida from the 15th to the 24th. Then summer classes start the 26th. Basically-I have NO TIME to pack.
This afternoon I decided to start. And forgot that I didn't have any trashbags. So basically, this is the outcome:
Huge amounts of trash that I can't do anything with
2 packed boxes.
Yikes. I have a lot of work to do.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
- I am worried about getting the Swine flu, but I'm glad that mandatory school testing tells me that I don't have The TB.
- On the otherhand, I probably did get some unidentifiable disease today due to rolling around on the NASTY floor of the COH basement while pretending to be a patient with a Spinal Cord injury.
- I wish that I was as much of an optimist as Michael J. Fox claims to be. I think that I am pre-programmed to be an eternal pessimist (hence the fear about Swine Flu).
- I went to KFC yesterday to get my free grilled chicken meal (courtesy of my BFF, Oprah), only to be told that the KFC had RUN OUT OF CHICKEN and was closing early. Seriously, KFC?!?!?! You are a CHICKEN restaurant.
- I yet again am worried about failing a Neuro test tomorrow, but I am suprisingly unmotivated to do anything about it.
- Dysdiadochokinesia is my new favorite word to insert into normal conversation.
- Learning about Parkinson's Disease this week in school has upset me greatly because I feel like if my Papa had been diagnosed earlier, something could have been done to slow the progression of his PD.
- I have been crying a lot this week about Papa because his PD is so severe and feel really guilty that I didn't stop and visit him on my way home from College Station this week.
This is an incredibly depressing post. To close with a good note:
6 days until the HELL SEMESTER is FINALLY over!!
7 days until my 22nd Birthday!!!
Monday, May 4, 2009
The last couple of weeks:
- I did not go spend 4 days in College Station with Trace and only study a total of 2 hours. I do not have 5 tests/finals pending in the next 10 days.
- I did NOT go 60 miles out of my way on my drive home from Texas to stop at an outlet mall in Allen to return something for my mom. I did NOT detour to the Coach Factory Store and proceed to buy an adorable handbag that I certainly did NOT need!!! Not Me!
- I do NOT currently cry everytime I think about the fact that I have to move out of my cute apartment and out of Norman in 26 days.
- Money is NOT so tight right now that I called Cox and cancelled my cable for the month of May so I could save $35.
- Then I most certainly did NOT call them back and cancel my cancellation because I realized that I would miss watching American Idol.
- I am NOT moving in soon with my 80 year old grandmother and I am definitely NOT bummed/nervous/worried about living in her house in a room smaller than a dorm.
- Finally, I definitely DID NOT meet my heartthrob David Cook last week. I did NOT show up to the concert 6 hours early to stand in line for a "standing room only" spot. I did NOT get 2nd row center seats. I did NOT scream like a banshee everytime David looked at me (which he did--and waved--TWICE). I did NOT wait outside his tour bus like a stalker for 2 hours after the concert to meet/hug/get his autograph. David Cook did NOT say in my ear, "Thanks, darlin'", when he hugged me.
That's all my Not Me's for now!! I have been meaning to put together a post about my fabulous David Cook experience, but life is pretty crazy right now, so I'll just show of some pictures for now!!