- 8:30 am- Upon awakening, I realized that I was suffering from "the pain that makes me want to rip my own uterus out" AKA- cramps. You all probably know that this is the worst start to a day possible and it just sets the tone for the rest of the day.
- 9:50 am- I'm attending the sister campus of my PT school today, so I'm trying to find my classroom. Realizing that this campus is waaaaay nicer and that I go to school in an asbestos and mold filled dump. These students have no reason to complain about ANYTHING!
- 10:20 am- Why are my classmates still trickling into class? It started 20 minutes ago! They have my teacher turned down very low and aren't paying very much attention--they are all talking amongst themselves. No wonder they stay on "Mute" all the time!
- 11:00 am- Not a single person in this classroom has spoken to me on break. I miss my friends!
- 11:50 am- Finally done with that class! My classmates are distracting and annoying. At least I'm going to lunch with my bubsie (Dad) and it's not raining.
- 1:00 pm- Found my next new classroom--it really is crowded!
- 1:15 pm- Nobody is paying attention in this class either!! I can't hear my professor and people are STILL coming into class!! Latey McApple Chomper is to my right crunching her apple. This is my BIGGEST pet peeve and I am having a hard time resisting the urge to stop her chomping by ripping the apple out of her hand and throwing it across the room. Finally, Mr. Talky McCocky Pants is sitting behind me and talking ACROSS THE ROOM to people about random crap NOT INVOLVING NEUROANATOMY. I'm incredulous at this point that people aren't listening at all!!
- 2:30 pm- Still fighting the urge not to stand up and yell "Shut the hell up, I can't hear Dr. G!!!!" Struggle through two hours of the class.
- 2:45 pm- We have to go outside across campus to get to the next (and extra) mandatory lecture. It is pouring down ice rain. The walk is probably 400+ yards. I pull out my smiley face umbrella that my mom shoved at me this morning and start walking. I immediately realize that the rain is angular and there is no way I'll stay dry. I start jogging, trying to keep my BRAND NEW laptop that's in my backpack dry. My umbrella flips inside out and I end up dragging it along.
- 3:00 pm- End up sitting in a row in a huge auditorium by myself, cause no one here wants to sit next to me. I'm soaking wet and freezing, and oh-so-excited to sit for another 2 hours in a pointless lecture. At least my classmates won't talk, cause there are teachers present in the flesh now.
- 3:15 pm- Can't focus because of my wet jeans. I hate wet jeans. It's one of my biggest pet peeves (right up there with people eating apples next to me in class).
- 5:00 pm- Finally get to go home, change out of my soggy and freezing clothes, put on my sweats and watch OU basketball!
- 8:20 pm- The day is finally looking up, OU is dominating Syracuse and it looks like they'll advance to the Elite 8, I'm having pizza and margaritas with my mom, and just praying I don't get walking pneumonia from having wet shoes on in 30* weather for 3 hours!
The Surgery, Part One
3 years ago